It was an amazing night celebrating the achievements of those who advocate for our community of people with disabilities.
A very special thank you to those who helped make The Arc Dane County’s Annual Awards Banquet possible:
- The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club
- Mitch Henck our Master of Ceremonies
- Richardo Miguel Vasquez, the Marimba Man, as entertainment
- Debbie Borth, photographer – Camera Kisses
Congratulations to all of our award winners!
- State Representative Lisa Subeck, Wisconsin State Assembly, will be honored with the Elected Official Award to recognize her service to improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
- Lynn Breedlove, Kim Kessler, and Melissa Mulliken will be recognized with the Community Support Award recognizing their services with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Phillip Hurley and John Gadau will be recognized with the Employer Award for their exceptional efforts to employ workers with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Randy Wilkens will be recognized with the Direct Care Giver Award for his outstanding direct care service in a residential setting.
- Russell McCullough and Evan Hall will be honored with the Self-Advocate Award for their outstanding leadership abilities for the benefit of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Dan Remick will receive the coveted Lifetime Achievement Award for his vast contributions benefiting people with special needs and advancing the mission of Arc – Dane County over his lifetime.
- Rob Gleason will be honored with the President’s Award for his leadership and outstanding effort as longtime chair of The Arc’s Golf Tourney committee.
- Craig Reisdorf & Ken Zimmerman of Top Promotions will receive the Corporate Support Award in recognition of their contributions of financial and in-kind support of The Arc-Dane County’s programs and services.
- Rita Schwan-Zeier will be recognized with the Educator Award for her many years as a special education teacher working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Madison Metropolitan School District.
- David Walberg will be honored with the Media Award for his coverage of families facing changes in the Wisconsin service delivery system for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Yeary Family will receive the Family Advocate Award for their efforts to provide outstanding advocacy to improve the quality of life for their family member.
Enjoy the photos of our awards winners below! Click here for more photos and candids from the celebration, on our Facebook page.
Photo Credit – Debbie Borth, Camera Kisses